Olympics 2012: 12 unusual bets
Updated: 7/23/2012 | By Duncan Hooper
Betting companies are going for gold in their bid to get you to have a punt on the Olympics.
In fact, William Hill claims it will take £50 million pounds of bets between now and the end of the games.
Such is the interest in the event, some Bookies have come up with some truly odd odds to get your interest.
So, we have compiled 12 Olympic bets available now from various bookies which might tickle your fancy. Bear in mind prices can change.
- 6/1 for athletes to use up all of the 150,000 free condoms being supplied to the Olympic Village. (Paddy Power)
- 3/1 for the Queen to wear a blue hat during London 2012 Opening Ceremony. It's 6/1 for pink, 9/1 for peach and 28/1 for brown (Corals)
- 7/1 Adverse weather to delay the start of any athletics track final (Corals)
- 6/4 Daley Thompson to be last person to carry Olympic Torch in stadium at opening ceremony (Boylesports)
- 10/1 A boat to sink during a rowing race
- 7/4 for Olympic flame to be extinguished anytime during games (Paddy Power)
- 25/1 Craig Bellamy to be top goal scorer in Olympic men's football tournament (Betfred)
- 3/1 BBC TV audience for Opening Ceremony to be between 30 and 34 million viewers (Paddy Power)
- 3/1 for China to get clean sweep of badminton Gold medals (5) at London Olympics (Ladbrokes)
- 2/1 Usain Bolt to win 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay holds (Blue Sq)
- 33/1 Paula Radcliffe to stop for a wee wee during women's marathon – 33/1
- 100/1 Team GB to top Olympic medal table at end of games (Sportingbet)